Re: Header Coating

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Header Coating
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:29:29 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/01 7:46:03 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

> I stopped by a local powder coating business today to
> see whether they could coat my exhaust header, and whether it would hold up
> to the heat.

David,

Did they say why?  I would think it approaches the heat necessary in ordinary
use?  I was under the impression that powdercoating was only 500 degrees or
so.  Yeah I know the exhaust isn't that hot...but any header made of anything
thicker than tin foil should hold up to that shouldn't it.

Try "jet hot" listed in the hot rod mags.

Or jump on the TR list and ask Fred Thomas, the powder coating guru there.  I
don't think there are many parts on his TR3 he has not powder coated.

RH

74 Midget...not currently running
63 TR4 up on blocks!
Too many projects, too little time.