Gasoline Prices

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gasoline Prices
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:41:29 -0400
Let's put it into simple LBC terms using the Judson analogy... There are
only so many Judson superchargers left in the world for Spridgets. They cost
$169 brand new. In mint condition they are worth about $1500. Are they worth
more now because they are antiques? No, they are worth what the market will
bear because there are not enough for everyone that wants one!

Simple enough... If nobody wanted one, they wouldn't be worth anything at
all - kinda like Yugos. Show the big oil companies that we can do with a
little less and the price would surely come down. Remember, you can't sell
ice to an Eskimo!

Kent
1960 Bugeye (doesn't need gasoline yet!)
The ark was built by amatuers, the Titanic by professionals!

Subject: Re: Fwd: Fw: Gasoline Prices

> My sentiments exactly!!!  Nobody seems to understand "supply and demand"
> anymore!
>
> Bob
>

> >I can't stand to see this email anymore - if this came
> >from an economist, he never studied supply/demand
> >curves.  If supply increases or demand decreases
> >across the entire commodity, the price will drop.  If
> >everyone carpooled one day a week - that will drop
> >consumption (increase supply, decrease demand) by 20%.

///