Re: Gasoline (no lbc)

To: nbriggs@inet.guthrie.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gasoline (no lbc)
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 13:26:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/01 6:40:06 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
nbriggs@inet.guthrie.org writes:

May as well ride this one till the bandwidth nazi's start threatening to quit
the list again.

The whole solution was pointed out a couple of e-mails ago.  We just need to
progress as usual, enjoy the fossil fuels while we can, and then good ol'
free market economy will force us into alchohol, electric, fuel cell, solar,
or whatever power.

We just aren't gonna build alchohol distilleries big enough until gas hits
that $4-5 dollar range and alchohol is economically competitive.  Lord knows
if the companies could produce it and sell it for $.75 a gallon now..we'd all
be lining up for it.

I say, let's enjoy it while we can.  Suck it out of the ground wherever we
can find it, make jobs for all those producing it, and let the next
generation find a fix....like our grandfathers did to replace wood heat and
horse transportation.

I have faith in my grandchildren.

R Houston

///