Re: Steering wheel replacement / alignment

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel replacement / alignment
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 10:57:27 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Unfortunately I don't think Grant has an adaptor for the earlier Spridgets.
Looks like there are only 2 adapers for MGs, both for 1971 and up. I just
tried searching at http://www.grantproducts.com and came up empty for a 67.

For anyone else interest, you can order directly from them, but you'll pay
full retail if you do. I expect that most auto parts stores that carry Grant
should be able to get the wheels and kits. Cheapest online price I can find
is at http://www.exoticwooddash.com for 37.50. Incidentally they also have
wood and carbon fiber dash kits for '72 and up MGBs.

BTW, another idea I had last night. You can get these nice billet aluminum
horn buttons to go with these wheels. Grant makes a couple with Ford and
Chevy (http://www.exoticwooddash.com/gw5876.htm)  logos They also make a
blank one (http://www.exoticwooddash.com/gw5870.htm). I was thinking it
might look pretty cool to get one of the blank ones and find someone to
engrave an MG logo into it. Maybe even color the engraving with red or black
paint. Any ideas on who might be able to handle such a task? If I decide to
do it, I thought I might check with some local trophy shops, but I don't
know if they can handle something like that. Too bad I don't still teach at
the community college. They had a big machinists program with all that
milling and CNC type stuff. Probably could have gotten one of the
instructors to do it for me.

Eddie
1971 Midget