Re: Saturn Brake Question (no lbc)

To: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Saturn Brake Question (no lbc)
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 21:20:42 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
chuck wrote:

> Help Y'all,
>
> Told my daughter that i'd look at her brakes.
> '93 Saturn 4-wheel disks no abs.
> I can get the caliper off and the pads out, but I can NOT
> repress the piston. Thus, can't replace the pads.
>
> Have put it back together as is for now, but I'd sure like
> to be able to do this.
>
> Hints anyone? I have opened the bleed screw
> and tried using a clamp to depress the piston.
> No luck.
>
> Whassup??

Saturn! A different kind of car.
Yeah, My daughter has one of these korean cars assembled by rednecks in
this country too.
Don't try to replace the starter brushes either. Just buy a whole
starter.

On the front calipers, remove the master cyl fluid cap, press back the
caliper pistons with a "C" clamp.
This will NOT work on the rear calipers. (A good ole "different" kind of
car)
On the rears, use a needle nose pliers or similar device to rotate the
piston clockwise to the bottom of the bore. Ending with the cut outs in
a verticle line.
Watch the 2 "different" size lock pins, don't mix them up.

Good luck

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ