Re: was engine upgrade now cams

To: cshelden <shelden3@pldi.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was engine upgrade now cams
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 07:37:44 -0400
You mght want to consider a 275 from Ted Schumacher
(http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/).

That is what I used in my recent rebuild. I like it a lot, power comes on
smoothly from about 2800, but still enough low end to pull away from a stop.
Not too lumpy at idle either. It is also a regrind and so not as expensive
as a Kent.

No financial interest, just a satisfied customer.

Larry

On 5/7/01 2:30 AM, "cshelden" <shelden3@pldi.net> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone on the list that responded to my request. As I suspected
> a cam would be the first choice. I'm down to choosing a Kent 266 or 276 cam.
> The 266 seems to be a bit smoother than the 276.  But I like the idea of
> what the 276 might do on the road. Any experiences with either or both of
> these cams?
>
> Charlie Shelden

Larry Macy
78 Midget