RE: Front disk Brake pads, etc...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front disk Brake pads, etc...
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 20:58:43 -0700
A few bits of information needed from the List Racers... please...

1. Are Porterfield R4 the best choice for front brake pads... I was also
thinking of Hawk Blues... Two or three people recommended the
Porterfields...

2. Where can I get a good disc conversion kit for the rear axle? I have seen
kits advertised in the SCCA magazine- Do any of you know if they are they
any good? Can you run stock pads/shoes on the rear? Or is it better to go to
racing pads for the rear too?

3. I want to buy Minilites, or, if they are no longer made, Panasports- what
backspace do I need?... I can get the Panasports locally, but anyone knows
if Minilites are still available?

4. What tires would you recommend? I have R1s (185x13), which are no longer
made... I don't think they are very good anyway....  What pressure do you
run on your tires? I was running 24 hot, and I am not sure it was enough for
best performance.

Jacques Le Clainche
SCCA 1985 Mazda Spec RX-7 #44, San Diego region
VARA 1960 Austin-Healey Sprite #4, F Production, 948 cc.