Re: Buttonwillow was great but...

To: "Maclean Mike" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Buttonwillow was great but...
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:47:44 +0100
Morris Minor shaft?  When I bought my first Mk2 it had a MM shaft with the
splines extended with a grinder and the end shortened.  Anyone in the UK
wish to confess to this?    GRRRRRRRRR!    Maybe they've used a shortened
minor shaft but no extended the splines enough.
Alternatively, could the wheel cylinder be touching the inner face of the
rear wheel bearing carrier?  Are the rubber covers worn away in one
place?(later dual-piston cylinders)  If the nasty C-clip-thingy loosens.....

PS  Has anyone in the UK got either a 1/4 elliptic axle case+later 2-piston
backplates or just the backplates?  Not 1/2 elliptic backplates.  Even from
a trader?  Have lots of goodies to swap.