venting

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: venting
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 11:25:24 -0400
Don't tell anyone, but I was actually looking through my Haynes manual and
read up on the venting issue.  As a result, I put the vented oil cap back
on.  Seems to run better.  And it seems to leak less.  There also seemed to
be less of a smoke screen.

I also saw a picture of the 'Y' connection that connects to some carbs which
supposedly eliminates the need for a PCV.  My carbs have some plugged off
connections similar to that, but they are to the outside of the carbs
instead of the inside.  Any reason why I shouldn't try that someday?

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
'65 RHD BRG AH Sprite
'67 RHD red MG Midget < aka: Miss Marple >