Local Ralley

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Local Ralley
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:04:19 -0700
Pebble Beach Sports Car Club is holding a ralley on the 2nd of June.

It is a timed ralley with the start just outside of Salinas, down River Road
and through the boonies to Fort Hunter Liggett. Lunch break at the old
officers club then across Nacimiento-Ferguson road to hiway 1 and back up
the coast about 30 miles to Big Sur.

There are some pretty steep grades and it will be hotter than hell until you
get to the summit. To make up for the heat of Hunter Liggett you may freeze
going down to the coastal.

Total of around 80 miles plus another 30 miles back to Monterey, 45 back to
Salinas.

Sandi and I ran it in the Bugeye with no speedometer and finished next to
last :-)

Anyone in the area, SWAG, Etc. that's interested, drop me a line.

Nacimiento-Ferguson road is a real thrill, almost straight down from the
summit to the coast. The longest straight section is probably about 50 feet.
It's about 1 1/2 cars wide with brush growing out over a 1/4 of that. The
other side is anywhere from 50 to 500 feet (or more) straight down with no
guard rail.

In other words it's made for Spridgets.

Larry Miller