Re: 1098 and 1275 Sprite clutch slaves..

To: "Louis Mehr (EML)" <Louis.Mehr@eml.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: 1098 and 1275 Sprite clutch slaves..
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:19:05 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
"Louis Mehr (EML)" wrote:

> My questions are:
> - Given that I do not know which gearbox is fitted, which slave should I use ?
> - Are the differences between 1098 and 1275 slave just cosmetic ?
> - Do they have a different stroke ?

The slaves are the same bolt on pattern, length, and travel.
1275s used a 1" bore slave and had a larger fitting for the rubber hose
attached to it.
948s and 1098s used a 7/8" bore slave, a direct pipe from master to
slave with NO rubber hose.
Either slave will work with only slight difference in pedal feel.
look at the end of the pipe from the master, if it has a coil and the
same size fitting on the slave end, it takes a 7/8 bore slave.
If you have a larger fitting on the slave end and no coils in the pipe,
you need the 1" bore and rubber hose.
On a ribcase the slave push pin should be 2 11/16" from center of hole
to end of pin.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ