Re: Pilot bearing removal

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, <awboat@intelos.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pilot bearing removal
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:33:46 -0500
I used to pack mine with grease and then use the imput shaft to pressure it
out from behind.... but often found that the bearing was so wore out the
grease would slide past the imput shaft... now I have a Snap-on bearing
puller that works really well.... it tightens against the wall and snags
it... pretty nice deal.... little slide hammer sorta set up...

Keith.... ( http://downtown.ala.net/~kturk ... and you can see the Healey's
in my shop or motor section hiding in the background...)