Re: Wet Ride to Carlisle

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Wet Ride to Carlisle
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 19:48:23 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/22/01 3:25:44 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

> By the time we got out of traffic and put up the top, we had almost an inch
> of
> water inside the car and a blown out Sony deck in the console.

Jay,

Reminds me of 1968, homecoming weekend for North Texas State University.
Drove from Waco to Denton in the 65 Midget with the soon to be first SWMBO
(guess that should be TheyWMBO).  I left the top in Waco at an upholstery
shop th have the seams resewn.  The weather was perfect for October...until
halftime...when the skys darkened as only the quickly can when a Texas
"norther" blows in.

By the way, there is nothing between Denton and Canada but a couple of 4
strand barbed wire..say bobwire...fences.

I had the tonneau on tightly of couse.

We left the car in the parking lot and walked back to the dorm.  When we went
to retrieve it in the morning, I unsnapped the tonneau and opened the door,
and water ran out!

Nearly froze to death on the way home.  SO zipped herself under the tonneau
(sp?) on the passenger side and we wore most of the clothes we had with us.
130+ miles down I-35...and now I look back on those as the good ol' days..

Robert Houston

..You really only need two tools.  WD40 and Duct tape.  Things that are
supposed to move and don't get WD40 and things that are not supposed to move
and do get Duct tape....