Re: tires and autocross

To: John.Deikis@med.va.gov, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires and autocross
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:28:11 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/01 4:35:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
John.Deikis@med.va.gov writes:

> I'm thinking of doing some autocross this summer and am wondering if
> my 175-70-13 DOT-approved Hoosiers take me out of the stock class under

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You must have street legal tires (DOT approved Hoosiers are) on original size
rims.  The tires can have no cording showing.

Go to www.scca.org for the latest classes.  If the rest of the car is stock,
you will be in HS class.  If you have replaced the carb with a Weber, or some
other such nonsense (like me!) you are in FSP class.

Have fun!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget