Miss Marple the red 'blue bomb'

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miss Marple the red 'blue bomb'
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 20:19:56 -0400
Well, British car week came with almost continuous rain, until Thursday
night when I had to run around on several errands.  No blue smoke during the
warm up period.  Friday morning, with a weather forcast of 'possibility of
showers in the afternoon', I decided to take her to work.  Fitted the
tonneau cover with the recently unseized zippers and drove the kids to their
schools and made it to work with no blue smoke.  I'm thinking 'great'.
After work the blue smoke was back during the warm up.  ( Only the one puff.
It's amazing how the car on your back bumper backs off when they see the
blue smoke coming up in front of their grill.   :)

So much for the pre-amble, ... My oil temperature gauge finally moved it's
needle.  Does anyone know approx. what temperature engine oil gets to?  My
gauge starts to read at 30 C.  It moved after the car was running for an
hour and a lot of stop and go traffic snarls.  Maybe it is because of the
location of the sender?

My problem for the day:  I have excessive play at the pedal pivot point on
the clutch side.  I haven't pulled it apart to determine exactly what the
problem is, but I expect that there is wear ( for some reason ) in the pedal
box where the bolt passes through.  If I can find a better one, can someone
tell me if it is a painless swap?  ( Meaning that I don't get into brake
fluid. )

My bonnet popped open today while driving.  ( second time )  What would
cause that?  Sticky cable?  It had appeared to be closed firmly.  ( I always
lift up after closing it. )

Funny thing happened to me today.  I went out to the lbc parts place
 MiniMan ) this morning and picked up a couple of small parts, one of which
was a screw to old down clip which connects the tonneau cover on the back.
Later on, while walking the dog, I reached into my pocket and pulled out the
small parts ( they didn't have the tenax machine screw :( ) and couldn't
find the screw.  I spent the time during the walk trying to figure out where
I could have lost it, and when I got home and reached into my pocket for my
keys and dropped them, I found the screw right there on the ground.  :)

What substance does one use to attach the MG badge to the grill?  Someone
suggested clear silicone.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
'65 RHD BRG AH Sprite
'67 RHD red MG Midget < aka: Miss Marple >