Saw the USA in an LAC (Minimal LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Saw the USA in an LAC (Minimal LBC)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:11:44 -0700
Hi Listers,
Gary & I just arrived home from a fantastic (mostly) trip of about 8000
miles. Contrary to popular opinion, I did not shoot him, or the grand
children, before the trip was over. Had a nice chat (via telephone) with
David Lancer in Tennessee. Hope you are over your bug. Found some long
lost family in North Carolina, and got caught up on my father's side of
the family, which was rather neat. Spent a week in Louisiana with our
beautiful grand daughters, and went on a swamp tour that was out of this
world. Gary and I both fell in love with the Texas Hill Country. We were
able to meet Elizabeth & Fisher Jones and Peggy & Charlie Robinson. They
are all really fantastic people, even though Gary and Charlie had some
minor disagreements over some silly political issues (Down, Gary!).
Elizabeth is even a better cook than last year's Spridgetstock attendees
made her out to be!!! Charlie, I do hope your beautiful car is now
healthy again. I wish we could have supplied more than moral support,
but a ruptured radiator was a bit more than we could deal with at the
time. We got back to our motel at about 0130, and said @#$% it when our
0330 wakeup call came in. We didn't leave Kerrville until 0600, but we
still made El Paso at a reasonable hour and were able to have a brief
visit with Robert Houston and his lovely wife. We do hope all of you
will make it up our way so we can return the hospitality! The little
Neon performed flawlessly, and averaged over 37 miles per gallon, while
using not a drop of oil. He must have known he was on his way home,
because on the last leg, from Reno, NV to Drain, OR, he went 405 miles
on 9.8 gallons. We had a bit of a surprise waiting for us when we got
here -- my new mare had presented me with a gorgeous chestnut colt.
Quite the welcome home gift! All in all, we had a wonderful trip. I wish
it had been in the Midget, but we just didn't have room for luggage and
the schnauzer. Now it is back to sorting through 1089 e-mails.
Kate