New Midget coolant leak

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Midget coolant leak
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 17:24:19 -0400
I've started sorting out the bugs on the new '72 Midget, and I seem to be
loosing coolant.  I'm getting a bit of steam from the radiator apparently,
but I'm a little confused, because some coolant drops also seem to have
spattered on top of the radiator cowl, as well as the valve cover.  My first
thought was that the thermostat housing was leaky, and it was dripping onto
the fan belt and fan.  But I've just run the car for a few moments, and the
thermostat elbow is dry.

Is there an easy way to trace leaks without removing the radiator?  My hoses
all seem to be in good shape.  I haven't changed the oil yet (remember, I've
only had the car for 2 days) but the oil on the dipstick seems to be clean,
with no water drops.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget