Re: Notes from the pit crew [Was: vacation in latrobe?]

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu, breiz@bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: Notes from the pit crew [Was: vacation in latrobe?]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:10:02 EDT
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/28/01 2:01:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

> Very successfull.
> Amy's Sprite looks good now, her shower looks like her Sprite used to.
> Amy, not a bad trade huh?
> 34 years of crude, grease, and grime migrated off Amy's 67 Sprite to our
> bodys and then into her shower. We should have signed our bath tub rings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I KNEW I shouldn't have left on Saturday night!  I missed the shower with Amy
and the rest of youz guys!  ;-)

Maybe we shoulda suggested that Amy rent a pressure washer before we got
there.  It's not a bad idea.  If someone buys a car to restore, clean it
first to make the work a little more pleasant.  Actually, nobody complained
about the grease, and we created a few more spots on the garage floor.
(Sorry!)

Just some background, Amy has owned this '67 Sprite for about 3 years.  It
belonged to a museum and was in inside storage for 18 years before that.  Amy
was lucky to find it in that condition, because the only rust appeared to be
from before that time.  If the car was outside for the last 20 years, it
would have been a lot worse.  (Was I right?)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport