Hear Ye, Hear Ye

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Hear Ye, Hear Ye
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:26:48 -0500
Hey Y'all,

It's official. The Dead Rat Bastard is dead...long live the Red Rat
Bastard II!!!

I have just completed the deal to buy Barb Nevoral's Bugeye race car. It
was Jack Drew's original race car...see

http://www.thicko.com/jack.htm

I have more recent pics if anyone wants to see it. Recent history...
someone (I'll know details when I get the paperwork) redid this car
after the photos on the site above were taken. It has a much prettier
cage in it for one... and we all know I have on occasion been know to
need the cage.

I drove this car once, last year... a month after the calamity at
Mosport. Jim "Elmo Mancini, the Meatball Magnate from Logantucky" had
just done a fresh mid-level 1275 for the car, and Nevorals asked me to
check it out... see what the car needed. The car had roached Comp TA
R1's... real junk. The rear suspension was sans control arms, had a
Watts link, and the rear springs were super soft.

The seat is fiberglass, and mounted way too close to the dash, and the
steering wheel wasn't removable. Based on my recent experience, I wasn't
happy with the potential to get out of this car quick.

First practise session, the throttle stuck wide open, then it happened
again and I spun it. I brought it in, and we ripped the piece of shit
gas pedal out of it. With the rear set up like that, it bottomed out
very hard at 6 or 7 spots on the track.

Started the race in 46th position (out of 47 cars...) and finished 7th
overall. It was a hoot (even with the freshly fractured ribs).

With the rear set up right, a new seat, and new tires, it ought to haul.

Pics available for those of you that give a shit.

Color me happy.

Flounder