Which Front Springs?

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Which Front Springs?
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 17:01:22 EDT
Looking for wisdom (or just opinions) from listers.

I am rebuilding front suspension on my Bugeye. Staying with lever dampers(in
good shape), replacing all bushings with polyurethanes. Thinking of changing
coil springs to lower ride & firm up handling. But not sure what spring rate
(lbf/in) should go with - 340, 360 or 400?

Bugeye will be strong street only, no racing. I will be using Datsun 5speed,
so weight will be a bit more than stock.

Any recommendations by those listers who have made similar changes? Also, any
suggestions (good/bad experiences) between usual vendors - ie VB, M*ss & MM?

TIA

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano CA