Attaching Electrical tach for Sprite MKII

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Attaching Electrical tach for Sprite MKII
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 10:26:40 -0400
I have a 1961 (or '62, not sure) Body Sprite MKII, and we bought a Wiring
Harness (probably 11 years ago) that we thought matched the body.  BUT, I have
a 1098 Engine.  The Engine requires an Electrical Tach, but the Harness was
for a Mechanical.

Anyway, the only Tachometer I could find at a decent price is from a Midget.
All I know about it, is it's for a 4 Cylinder, and it has the Black Dial with
Red and Orange.  I'm just using this one, while I look for an Austin-Healey
Electrical Tach (Silver and Black).

Anyway, if you think you can help, I can E-Mail you a small picture of the
back of the Tach for reference.
Can anyone explain what gets connected where on this thing?  My Father and I
have poured over Pictures, Wiring Diagrams etc...and are just not sure what
gets connected where to the back of this particular TAchometer.  We understand
the basics of how the Tach works and what-not...but the connections on the
back of this Tach seem odd.

And, if anyone has an Austin-Healey Electrical tach for sale, I'd be
interested in that too.

Thanks,
Andrew Sisson
Cincinnati, Ohio