Re: '67 MCs

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '67 MCs
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:09:10 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/01 10:53:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:

> Are these the infamous circlips that I have read about???
>
> Shoud I invest in the special circlip tool, or does it matter 'cause the MC

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Are you talking about the brake MC?  I just rebuilt Amy's '67 brake MC and it
was a piece of cake.  I used a circlip tool that I bought for 2 bucks at a
car show flea market table.  The brake MC on the 1500 is a lot more trouble.
I couldn't get mine apart so I bought a rebuilt from Advance Auto.  $80
regular, $36 on sale.

Take it apart and see if the bore is pitted.  If so, but a rebuilt MC.  If
not, rebuild it.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget