Re: Alloy Valve Cover on ebay

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, Bushwacker4@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Alloy Valve Cover on ebay
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 06:04:55 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/6/2001 11:29:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

> It's simple aerodynamics.
> A "polished" alloy valve cover with reduce wind drag over the top of the
> engine thus making the air flow more areodynamically around the engine
> in turn making the car go faster.
> Much faster!
> It's just like taking out the shift gaiter and allowing the air trapped
> from the tranny tunnel to escape. This make the car go much faster too.

Now now, Frank.  That borders on joviality, and that may not be allowed by
the techsters on the list.  But I did hear that bald guys go much faster in
these cars with the top down because of the decrease in aerodynamic drag by
the hair fibers.

--David C.