Coolant....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Coolant....
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 09:54:48 -0400
All,

Went with a 60/40 water/coolant mix with a few drops of Palmalive Dish Soap in
the rad.  But damn if the car only took 1 gallon of mix.  Anyone know the
coolant capacity on a '78 Midget?  No books handy here...  Also bolted in my
engine.  I figured it's a bad idea to drive around with my engine held in place
by one bolt......  A good night's work, and the car rewarded me with a nice
drive in great weather.  Not hot enough to tell if my car ran cooler.

When retorquing the head,  should I do it hot or cold,  and do I slacken the
nuts and then tighten or just tighten?