Trunnion bush operation

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunnion bush operation
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 21:48:14 -0700
I have put the front suspension together of the '72 Midget using the hard
nylon bushes. I notice that the up and down movement of the suspension
keeps the trunnion bush in a fixed position relative to the shock lever so
that the bushes rotate in the trunnion rather that the bushes being fixed
in the trunnion and rotaing around the pin. This seems to make sense given
the way things are help together, but it's not what I expected at first.
Can anyone confirm if this is the proper operation or not? I haven't
installed the springs yet and want to wait in case something is wrong.

Thanks,

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -