re: fuel miser

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: fuel miser
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
--- Matthew Parrish <mattdpcw@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have no experience with it, but it seems most like
> a rip off.  Just an
> extension of the magnets that you are supposed to
> stick in your shoes

My MGBGT has a "Rust Evader" installed.  This was a
black box sold in the 70's that ostensibly put an ion
field in the metal to prevent oxidation.  The P.O.
(orig owner, nice old man) seemd to believe in it, I
didn't have the heart to tell him the in line fuse
wasn't in the fuse holder.  I have all the receipts
for the car, he paid $300 for it in the early 1980's!

=====
Ron Soave

"It's hard to see the big picture when you choose to look through only one
lens."