Re: Texas Flood

To: toyman@digitex.net
Subject: Re: Texas Flood
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:47:17 -0500
Cc: jkk@adams.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
My house was spared, fortunately, but I know of many others that were
badly flooded.  Email may be the last thing on their minds.  I'm checking
mine only because I needed to get on the Internet to see if I'm supposed
to go to work tomorrow or not.

It is bad, really bad.  You've heard of 100 year floods?  This is a 500
year flood according to the experts.  One poor woman took an elevator in
a downtown building.  The power went off and the elevator sank to the
basement, which was full of water.  She drowned in the elevator.  There
have been a dozen or so more deaths reported so far, mostly from drowning
and electrocution.  Over a billion dollars worth of damage is estimated
so far.  Tens of thousands are without power, and thousands without
homes.  There are lots of people in shelters with literally only the
clothes on their backs.  Many of the hospitals in the world reknowned
Texas Medical Center and elsewhere lost power and are shipping patients
out to other hospitals.  The pictures you see on the news aren't isolated
areas,  it is all over southeast Texas.

David Littlefield
Pearland (south of Houston), TX
MG Midget vintage racer (spared by the floodwaters).

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:11:49 -0500 Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
writes:
> I know that Leo off the list is in Houston, where the flooding is
> occurring. My
> buddy Mike, who is soon to be a Midget owner, said his in-laws have
> a foot and a
> half of water in their house. First time in 35 years that has
> happened. Anyone
> know of any other listers in Houston. I think Elizabeth knows some
> 'B' owners
> there............
>
> James Kleemeyer wrote:
>
> > Just saw the news for the first time in a few days. Any of you
> Texas listers
> > in the southeast part of the state? Got your Ark done yet? (2
> Sprites, 2
> > Midgets, etc.)
> >
> >                                     Jim K.
> > "Well, it's flooding down in Texas,....... all the telephone lines
> are

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!