Thanks to the list and progress on Sprite

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks to the list and progress on Sprite
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 01:35:57 EDT
As always I have received great input from my last few questions/problems. I
just wanted to thank the list for responding so quickly and for the
information. It will be very helpfull when I start dismantling.

I did make a little progress today. I went to my storage and started to work
on the Sprite. I cleaned out the trunk (not a easy task). I did manage to get
the tail lamps disconected and removed from the car. I did notice the trunk
is ate away in a small place on the right side in the rear corner. It has ate
through the lower rear quarter there and unfortunatly through the bottom part
of the rear apron (I guess that's what it's called) right on the curve. I
plan to locate a power sander and alot of primer in a can and strip down the
good metal and primer it over for now. In the event I screw up the body
trying to fix it or find that I can not afford to continue the repairs is
there someone in the south Wisconsin area that has a decent Sprite tub
(perhaps a Bugeye) that they would part with for a resonable price? I would
even consider trading off my Trans Am for a roadworthy Bugeye. Hehe I would
probley have better luck fixing my Sprite LOL. Again thanks for the info.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II (under restoration)
1979 Trans Am
Web site links:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>
Welcome to my british car site</A>