Ribcase Ratios

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Ribcase Ratios
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:25:17 -0500
Anyone know offhand the gearbox ratios for a stock ribcase transmission
supplied with a 1275 motor?

I'm trying to relate tachometer readings with speed (no speedo in the
racecar).

Using the various calculators, I've got a top speed in fourth (assuming a
1.0 ratio) of about 103 with my 4.22 rear end and 22.4" tire diameter at
a rev limit of 6500.  I'd like to know what top speed is in third using
the same rev limit.

Thanks!

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII