Re: Back in the saddle.

To: derf <derfman@eatel.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "autojumble@autox.team.net" <autojumble@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Back in the saddle.
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:51:04 -0700 (PDT)
For the gear reduction starter, I use the 4 cylinder
isuzu trooper starter. It fit perfectly to the engine
where the original lucas unit went. You do have to
slightly modify the passenger foot well about 1/2 to
3/4 inch with a body hammer. I may be able to take a
digital picture of the modification later this week.
The starter part number is 16878 . I got it at
carparts.com with 30 % off coupon and it was well
under $100 bucks. Much cheaper than most of the usual
LBC suppliers. I asked for an '89 or newer Trooper
starter with part number 16878.

Best regards,

John Holliday
67 Fproduction Street Sprite that now stays in 2nd
gear!!!!
http://buzz.yahoo.com/