Re: Clutch master cylinder removal

To: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch master cylinder removal
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:02:10 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Bill,

Saturday, June 16, 2001, 7:11:56 PM, you wrote:

BG> Subject says it all.  The only way I can see to remove the bottom
BG> bolt that holds the clutch master cylinder to the pedal box is to
BG> unbolt the pedal box and get access from the bottom with an open end
BG> wrench.  I think that is what what Haynes means by remove the two
BG> bolts holding the master cylinder to the pedal box :-)

BG> Anyone have an easier way?  BTW, this is on a 1500 Midget.

I unbolted the pedal box and it worked, a bit of contortion was
required.  I just removed the pedal return springs and lifted the
back of the box up and slide my short wrench underneath.  I might
have tried a 1/4" socket but I don't have a 1/4" universal drive.

Frank had suggested welding the nuts in place.  The GPO (Good Previous
Owner) had welded in two bolts into the holes with the head on the
inside of the pedal box.

Should I have Ed "The school marm" Kaler proof all my e-mail in the
future?  Careful Ed, that nick name could catch on, unless anyone else
has a better nickname, suggestions are welcome. <G>

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net