Re: SU Carb Needle dimensions?

To: "Andrew Sisson" <asisson@one.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carb Needle dimensions?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:47:49 -0500
Andrew,
         Coupla things: There will be a number or letters at the very top
of the needle you'll find once you remove it from the piston. That tells
all as the letters relate to a chart of dimensions. Your jet orifice should
be .90", the fattest part of the needle .89" or so tapering down in 13
increments to ?. The letter/number of the needle will tell. The shoulder of
the needle should be flush with the bottom of the piston, NOT pushed all
the way in as some are prone to do. I'm guessing you should have an AN
needle, but that is from memory.
         There is an old adage that may apply here.... 90% of carburator
problems are electrical.   Get the ignition problems you alluded to sorted out.
         Good luck, Peter C
====