62 Sprite maybe a 61 MK II

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 62 Sprite maybe a 61 MK II
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:51:54 EDT
Hello list. A while back someone from the list had a 1961 Sprite MK II and
listed the chassis (vin) number. According to his number his Sprite was
manufactured after mine. My chassis number is HAN6L/5017 (have it memorized
:-) ). My title says it is a 1962 but I also know what happened when a
Spridget didn't sell the year it was supposed to, got titled as the next year
model. I think this is what happened to mine. The BMIHT certificate is a
little pricey for me right this moment but someone did send me the beginning
number for the 62 Sprite from a book they had and it ended with 5 numbers,
not 4 like mine. I think the book they used was "The original Sprite and
Midget". Let me know if this is correct, if so I may go and buy it so I can
study some more on it. Also if I find that it is in fact a 1961 Sprite how do
I get the title changed to reflect the true year? Thanks.

Jamie
1962 or 61 AH Sprite MK II (under restoration)
1979 Trans Am
Web site links:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>
Welcome to my british car site</A>