NEW ENGINE OIL PRESSURE

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: NEW ENGINE OIL PRESSURE
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:52:04 -0700
Last night I was preparing to start my new, pro built 1275 for the first
time, and I thought I would pull the plugs and spin it up on the starter
motor to get a bit of oil pressure into it.
After about 15-20 seconds on the starter, still no oil pressure on the
gauge. My questions:  How long should it take before pressure appears?
Should the pump be primed? How do I do it?   1275, new oil pump, new
dual gauge, new lines, and yes, there is oil in the engine! Any comments
or solutions appreciated.

Thanks

David