Re: Car-ma dud and Re: Quiz Answer

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Car-ma dud and Re: Quiz Answer
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com> wrote:>
> Sounds like a 30 day project.

It was the structural rot that was beyond my
capabilities to deal with (Peter too).  It was worth
about half the asking price, which was less than half
of what he was asking last year.  We told the guy we'd
spread the word, be honest, and he'd have to adjust
the price accordingly.  His response was "the price
goes UP if you guys don't take it.  The steering wheel
is worth $400 (cracked with Wal-Mart cover), the carbs
are worth $400,  the head work has all been done..."

It'll be there in 2 months, parked in the weeds, at
half the price.  Then I'll offer half that.  Right now
the gentleman thinks he's sitting on gold.  Everything
that has been done to it needs to be redone
completely, and he has thousands in receipts, so he
doesn't understand that.  I'd guess he paid 6-7K for
it.  But then again remember the red Bugeye we saw at
the vineyard show last year (it had hit a cow)?  It
went for $6500 as it sat.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/