Twin SU'ed 1500 runs a lot better now...

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Twin SU'ed 1500 runs a lot better now...
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 00:39:57 -0400
  Thanks to all who helped with the twin SU dilemna.

  aka: Yah sure I got more power from the dual SUs but the
car never ran as well as with the ZS.

  I gave it a straightforward complete tuneup today, and
it seems to run pretty smoothly now.

  I did notice while setting it up that the back carb
was a little reluctant to come completely off without
a good push on the bottom of the jet.

  I suspect that was my problem all along. Either the choke
was partially stuck on, or even worse, it was stuck
partially on last time I tuned it and I tried to
compensate and it was just plain way way off.

  Perhaps I should have saw this, but it was subtle. I
had an MGB a few years ago that the choke stuck a lot
but it always had the courtesy to stick FULLY on so
it was pretty obvious. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca