weatherly hillclimb report?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: weatherly hillclimb report?
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:18:43 -0000
the event is still going on today.  i could not participate today due to a
family picnic at my fathers home.  the family gathering occurs once a year
at my dad's and i feel it is importaint to be there, so a short racing
weekend beats no racing weekend at all.
the saab ran well but the owner did not!  i ended up with what i can guess
was a case of dehydration , feeling rather light headed and somewhat dizzy.
so i withdrew a few rounds early.   my friend jon who was co-driving my car
continued to the end of the day with improving results.
in spite of my downing near 2 gallons of water and gator aide i still did
not have enough liquids!
now not many of you are going to be out in the summer heat wearing the
equivelant of a set of long johns and a sweat suit for an entire day.  (that
is a little like what wearing required nomex drivers suit is like in the
heat of summer) .   but i do want to remind evryone that at this time of
year it is very importaint to be carefull and drink enough liquids to keep
from experiencing the effects of dehydration!   it is extremly unplesant and
if you are experiencing the effects it is already too late to do much else
other than find the coolest place to sit and drink plenty of water for quite
a while.   in spite of this we did have fun!  the event was exciting to
participate in and i'm chomping atthe bit to getto the next one!   as far as
lbc's are concerned, there was a beautiful red mini , a tricked out yellow
spridget, a really nice white mga running there yesterday and i was told
that there were a few cars(of unknown type) that were showing up today that
could not attend yesterday.
there were the fast mustangs and a camaro, formula fords and formula vee's ,
a screaming fast special and a bunch of volvos and vw rabbits, fiero's and
toyota mr-2's.  there were a few other odds and ends there.  oh yeahh and a
corner worker up on the hill drove his green bugeye to the event too!
there is no fees for spectators and some of the action on corners can be
rather exciting!
possibly we'll see some of you at giants despair or rose valley hillclimb
later this month?

chuck.