Found It in a Barn - No LBC (well very little)

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Found It in a Barn - No LBC (well very little)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:49:13 EDT
Hi, Guys

Just thought I would sound-off to the List, since my family isn't into car
stuff, and does'nt understand envy, lust, & being happy for another guy - all
at the same time. I think you guys will understand.

A friend, Fritz (who has a very nice 59 Bugeye as a daily driver) came by the
house late yesterday to show me his new "project." Jumped into his Bugeye &
drove over to his place (end of LBC content).  In his garage is an absolutely
gorgeous '58 Mercedes Benz 190 SL convertible!

One of his sons had found it in a barn (truth) in San Luis Obispo, tracked
down the owner & bought it for $4,500.00! The body, paint & interior are
perfect - the PO had started to restore it about 14 years ago, had a great
Black paint job done, redid the interior in Red leather, gray carpeting,
brand new black hood, etc.  Engine is rusted outside but not seized.

Fritz is doing the work on the engine, wiring, brakes, etc., & his son is
paying for all the parts. He figures for less than $10k he will have the 190
SL back on the road & running. So for about $15k he will have a beautiful
$35k classic German car.

If he wasn't such a great guy, I could really hate 'em! Offered to lend a
hand when ever Fritz needs another pair - (I'm going to get a ride in this
car somehow!)

I've always heard the stories about finding a classic abandoned in a barn -
well, now I know it really happens. Now I've got to start driving in the
country more & check-out some barns!

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano CA
50 Bugeye (still a part in garage, won't drive for a while yet - bummer!)