'66 Sprite FS

To: "List, Spridget Mail" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: '66 Sprite FS
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 22:06:26 -0700
Hi Gang,

    It is with much reluctance that I have to sell my long term project
car, a 66 Sprite.  I purchased the car about 2 1/2 years ago, it has
been in my garage in dry storage ever since.
It is a 66, and  is almost all complete except for headlights and
taillight lenses.  I have a current California title in non-op status.

    There is a solid one piece homemade rollbar that the PO put in. It
is fairly low and looks like it would allow the top to be up with it in
place. I purchased the car from the original owner.

    This car is a major project - but it is all solid, no accident
damage anywhere.  There is a nickel sized rust spot in the passenger's
side A post.  That is the only rust on the car.  Car was originally
Riviera blue, now sprayed chocolate brown.  Has original steel wheels
and AH hubcaps  No interior panels.  Seats are there, one has been
reupholstered.  There is more material to finish off the seats and
panels, but I doubt anyone would want to use it (Mahogany colored fake
alligator pattern vinyl!)  All glass is there with no chips or cracks.
Folding top hardware is there, long with header rail.  No top, it
disintegrated long ago.  A tonneau cover in decent shape.  Steel dash
with all gauges, with a couple of extra holes that look like it was for
an old dual knob type radio.

    Project includes a 1275 and ribcase and radiator out of a 72
Midget.  The carbs are off the engine, and have been taken apart,
cleaned, and partially rebuilt with a new SU rebuild kit.  Finish
rebuilding and put them back on.

    It had been my desire to have this thing sandblasted, repainted and
then start building my dream Sprite.  Doesn't look like that will happen
now.  Selling this will leave me Spridget-less for the first time in ten
years.  Like I said, it is a reluctant sale.

    I am asking $800 obo for the (nearly) rust free shell, engine,
ribcase, radiator, carbs, the whole shooting match.  I don't have any
pictures yet because quite frankly, it is slightly buried and I haven't
cleaned up the boxes yet to get some pictures.  If there is any interest
I will e-mail pics to whoever is interested.

    Car is located in Sacramento, the mecca for free and cheap
spridgets.

Steve

Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
Samesq@pacbell.net
Home Page: http://home.pacbell.net/samesq
Photo Album: http://members2.clubphoto.com/steve191750/

"'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language.
Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence?"
Steven Wright