Re: Freeing Stuck Clutch Discs

To: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: Freeing Stuck Clutch Discs
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:44:05 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
There is another way if you are near a quiet street or longer
driveway.

Start motor in neutral
Get a bit of speed (3 to 4 miles per hour - downhill or friend
pushing)
Nudge into 1st gear
Clutch peddle down and keep down
Gas on, gas off aggressively

You can approach the gas on/off action progressively till the
clutch breaks free.

Did this successfully on an etype in a circular driveway, on an
over the winter seize up.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug