RE: Good Trip To The Boneyard

To: Toby Atwater <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>, derf <derfman@eatel.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> o m>
Subject: RE: Good Trip To The Boneyard
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
--- Toby Atwater <tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com>
wrote:
> And on that note. I'll be going back to Phoenix next
> week to scour some more
> cool junk yards where the prices are reasonable

If you can drive an hour or so towards Tucson, up near
Davis Monthan air force base (which is just a huge
boneyard for aircraft), there are a few good ones.  I
was doing a fit check at a "private" acft yard just
southwest of DM, and we had some time to kill.  We did
a little 'yarding, just drive around Davis Monthan and
there are yards everywhere.  I did not see any rust on
anything, including the Fiats.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/