Re: Friday the 13th and Judson-Double Whammy!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Friday the 13th and Judson-Double Whammy!
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:47:18 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/01 8:25:11 PM, spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< Like halogen headlights will kill a battery charged by a genny in about
3 hours of night driving. >>

Frank,

I do not understand this.  Halogen lamps are the same wattage as tungstan
filiment lamps and should not put any more of a demand on the system.  The
addition of the halogen to the tungstan filiment yields more light for the
same energy.  We have been running halogen lamps on our bugeye for five years
without any problems.  We will change to an alternator sometime just because
of the cost of parts but have been to lazy to make the alternator, negative
ground change changeover.

Bob and Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)