Overheating solved, I think!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating solved, I think!
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:38:30 EDT
I have my fingers crossed, but. . .

I think my overheating saga is finally over.  I will know for sure tomorrow,
but I installed a new Water Pump, then the wife and I took a long ride, after
filling it with plain water.  It never got much past the lower "C" mark.  I
want to see how it performs going down the interstate during the heat of the
day.  If it stays cool through that, I have it licked.

I kind of was getting to think it was water pump related because I figured
out that the disappearing water was being forced through the pressure cap and
into the overflow, then spilling out.  What I think was happening was that
the old pump was not pumping adequately for some reason, which stalled the
water in the block until it superheated and forced itself out through the
pressure cap.

I rechecked the compression and all the dry readings were well over a
hundred, and the wet readings about 15 lb. higher than that.  Not sure why I
got the lower readings on the first go 'round, except that I erred and left
the plugs in on the first reading.

Thanks for all the help and advice!

--David C.