Re: Midget rotor removal

To: macleans@earthlink.net, cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu
Subject: Re: Midget rotor removal
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:45:23 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/18/01 9:32:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
macleans@earthlink.net writes:

> The 92 Accord that was recently stolen from my house had rotors that the
> dealer would only turn ON THE CAR for over 100 bucks.  That's $100 just for
> turning them and then you paid for a brake job.  I would not accept that
> and learned how to remove them.

Many new cars require turning the rotors on the car.  It is supposed to be
better to true them for runout.  Or so I've heard.

I dread the day that I must buy a new car.  I guess maybe I'm really starting
to become an OF, but early '60's cars were so much simpler.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport