Re: Extractor/Crank Bolt Removal

To: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Extractor/Crank Bolt Removal
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:17:38 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
chuck wrote:

> Two questions here:
>
> 1) I have what looks like a heavy oil leak right where the
> oil extractor comes thru the timing cover -- to the outside,
> drivers side (US!). Is there an easy (hah!) fix? Do I need a
> new timing cover? How do I stop leakage around the extractor's
> mount into the timing cover?

Remove the t/cover and have the oil can rebrazed to the cover.
I bet it's cracked (on the inside) And silicone does not seal it (ask me
how I know?)

> B) How do I remove the crank bolt while the engine is in situ?

Stick socket on nut, breaker bar on socket, lock it down, remove the
coil wire, turn the key. Let the starter do the work.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ