throw out bearing?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: throw out bearing?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:05:49 -0700
Hello spridgets,

             ok.. so i admit to being a dilletante.. nevertheless.. i
             love sprites...

             that said.. we pulled the engine last night.. my friend
             (who has all the mechanical ability, and tools!) had a
             look at the throwout bearing...

             "hey, that doesn't turn!"..

             IS IT SUPPOSED TO?..

             it appears to be a fixed carbon disk, not a bearing at
             at all.. is it so worn as to be shot, or is this the way
             that they are supposed to be?  the car seemed to work
             just fine.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com