Back from Tamaqua (PA rally)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back from Tamaqua (PA rally)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:02:05 -0400
Well once again Kevin, Kate, Rob, Kim, and the rest of the Valentine
klan outdid themselves.
Kevin ordered up PERFECT weather again this year.
There were a few red faces from sunburn and one bruised ego from the
owner of an MGB who backed down a ditch (driver error and no damage)
Great roads, great people, great weather, great cars, what else can I
say?
I was lucky enough to win the broken axle award this year. Sorry Larry.
But I wanted to try my Pertronix ignition again, well it made it from
Jersey to Tamaqua and died about 3/4 of the way thru the rally. I had to
do a dizzy swap in Tuscarora. But Diane went on searching for clues on
foot while I took 5 minutes out to replace the dizzy. I picked her up
and she had 2 questions correctly answered.

I also got to drive Chucks race Sprite, and Mike G jumped in as I left
the parking lot. I want it! Watch out Chuck, somebody might steel that
car, maybe even slap a NJ tag on it and paint it yellow.

My face still hurts from all the laughing we did while going over the
scavenger hunt part of the rally. And I still say I had a hair brush,
Reggie was cheatin!
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ