Re: Insurance gurus... my turn...

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance gurus... my turn...
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:46:15 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Gerard,
(Quick answer)
When damage is caused by contact with another object, it is covered under
Collision coverage. The only exception to this would be falling objects and
animal collision.

Since you don't carry Collision coverage on this vehicle and the vehicle was
unoccupied at the time, there is no reason to report it to your insurance
company. In fact I definitely would not file a report with your insurance
company
since it would be coded as a Not At Fault accident which could end up being a
negative event on your claim/underwriting record if you have several NAF
accidents in your experience period.

Unfortunately you are on your own for this repair. The upside is that the years
that you saved money on the cost of collision coverage, plus the deductible you
would have incurred anyway probably leaves you in an at leasr break even
position
for the repair.

jay f
wallingford, ct