PA LBC Rally

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: PA LBC Rally
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:43:49 EDT
Once again, Kevin et al (his entire, extended family) put together a great
weekend in and around Tamaqua, PA.  He arranged for fabulous weather, too.
Even though I didn't win this year, I had a wonderful time, and so did my
navigator, Brian Mullaney.  My Midget performed well all day.

The best part had to be the evening on Kevin's deck, while we waited for the
scores.  We went thru our bags of collected scavenger hunt stuff, and we all
laughed our heads off.  Frank and Reg found all sorts of new uses for an ear
of corn.  (You had to be there to understand!)

We also presented Kevin with a few surprises.  We all chipped in a bought Kev
a luggage rack for the car he is restoring, and Ed Kaler of JustBrits sent
along a set of 4 MG wine glasses for Kevin, plus a bunch of prizes for the
rallyists.  Thanks, Ed.  (It isn't really true what we all say about you!)

It never ceases to amaze me how a group of strangers with one thing in common
(these LBCs) can become fast friends in so little time.  There was never a
hint of tension between anyone, even in the heat of competition.  We all had
so much fun, that we didn't care who won.

I am wondering what the people of Tuscarora, PA are thinking about us!  One
of the questions was "What is the bartender's name" at a little taproom on
the main street.  We ALL went in and had to ask Patsy what her name was.
Many of us bought sodas, so we probably doubled her income for the day!  But
the locals sitting at the bar were really looking us over.

Thanks again Kevin, not only for all the work, but for being a good friend.
I know we all look forward to the next time we meet.  And I hope you will
have something to show at MGs at Mercer (Doylestown, PA) in October.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport