Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, SDOliner@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275 questions: Stock pistons with a Judson? Cylinder sleeves?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:22:20 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank.

I can add one more to the "confirmed list". I opened up a 12CC block last
year to find it had sleeves too. (also the nitrided crank...'-)

One machinist who looked at the engine felt that the sleeves weren't
properly installed since the ran "wild" out of the bottom of the bore
instead of being stepped into the bore. Is this how the ones you've seen
are too? Probably a moot point anyway, since a thick flange block would be
the way to go, but I'm curious.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -